- This event has passed.
MDDS Presents: Botulinum Toxins & Dermal Fillers Level 1 and Frontline TMJ & Facial Pain Therapy Level 1
September 10 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 8:00 am, repeating until September 11, 2021
Botulinum Toxins & Dermal Fillers Level 1 and Frontline TMJ & Facial Pain Therapy Level 1
Presented by The American Academy of Facial Esthetics
All On-Demand lectures must be completed as a prerequisite to taking the live patient hands-on portion of these courses.
- Day One: The Botulinum Toxins Level 1 live patient training will take place in the morning (didactic portion to be completed online prior to live-patient). The afternoon will be the live patient training for Dermal Fillers Level 1.
- Day Two: Frontline TMJ & Facial Pain Therapy Level 1 live patient training will be in the morning only.
- Patient assessment and consultation for botulinum toxin (Botox, Xeomin, Dysport) and dermal fillers (Juvederm, Restylane)Indications and contraindications for these pharmaceutical agents
- In-depth instruction in the anatomy, neurophysiology, musculature and circulatory system of the oral and maxillofacial areas
- Patient evaluation for the best dental and facial esthetic and therapeutic outcomes
- Review of sterile technique as it relates to the use of injectable pharmacologic agents
- Safety and risk issues for botulinum toxin and dermal fillers injectable therapy
- Learn the physiology and pharmacology of oral and maxillo-facial injectable treatment
- Integrating botulinum neurotoxin and dermal filler therapy into therapeutic and esthetic treatment plans
- Volumizing nasolabial folds, marionette lines, and lifting up the corners of the mouth using anatomical landmarks
- Beautiful and subtle lip enhancements by adding volume to establish proper lip and smile lines
- Smoothing lip lines and eliminating vertical “smokers” lines
- Learn the best treatment techniques including anatomical muscle sites, muscle depths, proper preparation and dilution for the best oral and maxillofacial therapeutic and esthetic outcomes
- Botulinum toxin therapeutic treatment for bruxism to relieve TMJ syndrome
- How to avoid, manage, and treat possible adverse reactions and complications
- Live patient training including comprehensive diagnosis, treatment planning, proper dosing and delivery of botulinum neurotoxin and dermal fillers
- Proper fee structures for oral and maxillofacial injectable treatment
- All necessary office forms and informed consents needed to begin treating patients immediately
- This course is recognized by and will help in securing liability insurance
- Observe many model patients during the day
- One on one comprehensive mentored instruction as you work hands-on your model patient
- How to quickly identify and diagnose facial pain patients in your practice – they are everywhere and have been asking you for treatment!
- A step by step comprehensive patient examination and evaluation including a one-minute maxillofacial neurological exam, a one-minute otic exam, and a thorough head and neck muscle examination
- Learn why you should not initially spend a dollar on expensive equipment for facial pain diagnosis and treatment
- Learn the two most important tools used to diagnose myofascial pain – one is free and the other one will cost you one penny each!
- Learn the real secret of the role of occlusion in orofacial pain – don’t suffer from occlusion confusion anymore
- Simple, easy ways to quickly identify if facial pain is coming from the TMJ, neuralgia, ear, eyes, or facial muscles
- Trigger point injections – learn how to precisely identify and inject trigger points for instant and long-term pain relief
- Understand when to use different chemotherapeutics such as sterile saline, lidocaine, and botulinum toxin for differential diagnosis, pain management, and the best short-term and long-term successful
- Therapeutic outcomes
- Learn when to treat and when to refer orofacial pain patients
- Common sense diagnosis and treatment planning for TMJ syndrome, headaches, and orofacial pain patients
- Medical insurance reimbursement for the dental/medical practice for myofascial pain patients with a full list of diagnosis and treatment codes to help you get started immediately
- Observe many model patients during the day
- One on one comprehensive mentored instruction as you work hands-on your model patients
Friday, September 10 – Saturday, September 11, 2021
Friday, September 10, 2021
8:00am – 12:00pm – Botulinum Toxins Live Patient Training Level 1 – Staff must be registered in advance to attend
1:00pm – 5:00pm – Dermal Fillers Live Patient Training Level 1 – Staff must be registered in advance to attend
Saturday, September 11
8:00am – 12:00pm – Frontline TMJ & Facial Pain Therapy Level 1 – Staff must be registered in advance to attend
4 credit hours for Botulinum Toxins Level 1
4 credit hours for Dermal Fillers Level 1
4 credit hours for Frontline TMJ & Facial Pain Therapy Level 1
Additional credits are given for online didactic.
Registration is fully refundable only if the course is canceled by The American Academy of Facial Esthetics. Please read the Cancellation Policy carefully.
MWDI PARKING INFORMATION
For your convenience, we have free parking in two retail garages within the Beauvallon building (east-facing side). Both garages are accessed from Lincoln Street between 9th and 10th Avenues. Parking in these garages is available on a first-come, first-served basis. **If you are attending a large course/event at the MWDI, we recommend arriving early in case the garages fill and alternative parking must be secured. Be aware – the garages come up quickly after you cross 9th Avenue and both have left lane entrances. All numbered spaces within both retail parking garages (without “Reserved” signs) are available on a first-come, first served basis. Do not park in any spaces with a red sign that says “KCNC” or “Matrix.” Do not park in the residential parking. Residential garages are at the back of the retail garages. The north and south garages are not connected. Both have open parking available. See attachment for more information.