Nature of Work
The University of Colorado, School of Dental Medicine (SDM) has immediate openings for dynamic Clinic Dispensary Technicians in various clinics within the school. Our Clinic Dispensary Technicians have unique opportunities assisting students, faculty, and residents with supplies and instruments for all patient care activity and/or preclinical activity. The SDM offers a clear career path for individuals looking for learning, development, and career opportunities in healthcare.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Examples of Work Responsibilities:
Clinic Support – 50% (Essential Function)
- Cleans and decontaminates and provides maintenance of instruments and equipment according to established procedures and techniques
- Ensures proper functioning of equipment
- Cleans sanitizing machines and equipment.
- Maintains a level of sterilized instruments for distribution.
Instrument Preparation – 35% (Essential Function)
- Issues sterile reusable instruments to operatories and clinical units
- Collects used instruments and moves them for sterilization
- Prepares specialized instruments set-ups for residents, faculty and undergraduate students to be used during dental patient treatment.
Monitoring Supplies and Materials – 10% (Essential Function)
- Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies, equipment and materials for the clinical area of responsibility.
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of dental materials, their use, maintenance and storage.
Clinical Education Support – 5% (Essential Function)
- Support the educational mission of the SDM, including role modeling and coaching students how to function as a dental assistant in both four-handed chairside activities and in clinical operations support.
For additional information and to apply online, please click here: