Are you committed to providing efficient, quality dental care and teaching the value of oral health? Would you like some flexibility with your schedule and not be driven by insurance or quotas? The Health District Family Dental Clinic is seeking a caring, friendly, and compassionate dental hygienist to join our busy public health clinic. Join a team with a model that truly treats the patient and provides high-quality care to underserved populations, since everyone deserves a healthy smile!
Hiring Range and Status
- $68,640 per year (prorated for less than 40 hours per week)
- 30 hours per week (full benefits)
For full qualifications and responsibilities, please review the job description at www.healthdistrict.org/jobs.
Education and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited program in dental hygiene
- Active Colorado Dental Hygiene license in good standing
- Experience with prophylaxis, debridement, scaling and root planing, and local anesthesia.
- Experience in hygiene in a public health clinic and/or large volume uninsured patient panel is desired; however, training is provided.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is desired; however, not required. Support and translating tools are provided.
- Experience with an electronic dental record system, i.e., Dentrix is desired; however, training is provided.
- Works in partnership to support a team of dedicated dentists in providing the highest standard of dental care to our patients.
- Provides care to residents of northern Larimer County who are unable to afford the full cost of care.
- Performs periodontal cleanings, prophylaxis, community screenings, and patient education.
Why work for us
Our mission is to enhance the health of our community. To achieve this, we provide health services and education that addresses the unmet needs and opportunities in our community. We demonstrate dignity and respect for all people and focus on our employees, our clients, and our community.
- Our employees are supported and encouraged to develop their skills and knowledge through continuing education.
- We schedule based on our patient’s needs, not productivity.
- Opportunity to be active in the community through outreach events.
- Support from the hygiene team.
- Student Loan Forgiveness is available for qualifying borrowers.
We are committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The Health District does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, sex, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion (creed), political beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws in employment, or in the admission or access to, treatment or participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits under any of its programs, services and activities.
We provide comprehensive benefits, including (100% or prorated portion) of the cost of medical, dental, low-cost vision, 401(a) and optional 457(b) retirement plans, 11 paid holidays, generous flexible paid time off, and employee wellness and recognition activities.
How to Apply
Provide a cover letter that details your professional experiences and how your qualifications align with this position.
- Submit your cover letter and resume, Attention: Search Coordinator,
- Mail: Health District of Northern Larimer County, 120 Bristlecone Drive, Fort Collins, CO 80524
- Fax: 970-221-7165
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position will remain open until filled.
Must comply with infection control policies for this position. Requirements include providing documentation of MMR, Varicella, Tdap and Hep B (Hep B is optional, but strongly recommended) immunizations and compliance with tuberculosis training, screening, and testing on hire.
Join our organization and help us accomplish our goals and make a meaningful impact in our community!